The Canon Legria/Vixia GX10 camcorder records UHD/50P in a high-bitrate 150Mbps MP4 format internally with 4:2:0 colour sampling. XF-AVC recording will become available via a planned firmware update in 2018.
4K 15x zoom lens with IS and ND filters
The Canon Legria GX10 incorporates a 25.5-382.5mm 15x optical zoom lens. The lens features a 5-axis Optical Image Stabilization (IS) system; a 9-blade aperture; and ND 1/4, ND 1/16, ND 1/64 built-in neutral density filters
Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, precise autofocus
The Canon Legria, or Vixia, GX10 camcorder incorporates Canon’s legendary Dual Pixel CMOS AF for superb autofocus performance and control. Each pixel in the camcorder’s CMOS sensor is configured with two photodiodes. Two independent image signals can then be detected at each photosite. By implementing phase-difference AF, smooth focusing is accomplished with much higher speed and accuracy than was possible with previous technologies.
Touch AF and Face Detect AF
A large 3.5″ touch LCD panel enables intuitive focus operation. Simply touch a subject on the LCD, and Dual Pixel AF together with Face Detect AF will focus and keep track of your select subject.
HDMI 2.0 with 4K UHD 4:2:2 output
The Canon Legria GX10 camcorder features a HDMI 2.0 port and is capable sending 4K video for external recording. The camcorder can send out 50p 4K video with 4:2:0 8bit colour sampling, 25p 4K video with 4:2:2 8bit sampling, or 50/25p FHD video with 4:2:2 10bit sampling
Network capability with FTP transfer and remote control
The Canon Legria GX10 boasts Wi-Fi and Ethernet LAN connectivity, allowing fast and convenient transfer of files direct from the camcorder to external workflow environments. Control of the camera is also possible via a smartphone or tablet with Canon’s Browser remote or the Canon RC-V100 wired controller.
Compact and lightweight body
The GX10 is one of the smallest and lightest camcorders in its class and designed to be agile, robust and responsive with professional levels of control and connectivity.
Slow and fast motion recording up to 100fps
The Canon GX10 supports slow and fast motion recording, and can record in a different frame rate from playback for slow and fast motion effects. Slow motion recording of up to 100 fps (x0.2) in Full HD is supported
- Dual SD card slots for MP4 recording enable extended shooting times
- Dual Pixel Focus Guide helps achieve precise focus by displaying focus assist information on the screen.
- Adjustable 3.5-inch Touch LCD with 1.56 million dots
- 0.24-inch Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) with 1.56 million dots and 60° tilt
- Video assist features: Peaking, Zebra, and Markers
- Built-in stereo microphone and 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Canon Mini Advanced Shoe
- 5 assignable function buttons
- Gain not wide DR 0-42 dB (1 dB increments); wide DR: 9-42 dB (1 dB increments)
- Audio Scenes: Standard, Music, Festivals, Speech, Meeting, Forest and Birds, Noise Suppression